Your trust is important to us, so keeping your personal information safe and secure remains our top priority.
We take our responsibility regarding the security of your personal information very seriously.
What data do we collect and where from?
We are required under Central Bank rules to record telephone/email activity and on what date and the details of the call/email .
The data below is collected by both your Insurance Policy Schedule and given to us verbally/email by yourself.
- Your full name & both names if a joint policy
- The risk address and other address if different – which includes your postcode/Eircode
- Email address
- Date of birth(s)
- Number of children
- Your telephone number(s)
- Details of the property – year bought, built, no. of bedrooms how many storeys, smoke alarm, burglar alarm, type of property – detached, semi etc…
- Property status- owner occupied, holiday home, tenanted, commercial etc…
- Standard of construction of the property – roof, walls, windows, doors, type of building
- Do you have a Mortgage, if so details of this
- Whether or not you have a joint bank account – account details if payment is to be lodged directly into the account
- Photographs of your property will also be taken to assess the damage
- Name of the person who referred you to us
- Previous claims, previous insurers
- Buildings sum insured/contents sum insured
- Type of loss/claim
What do we use your data for?
All of the above data is needed to progress with the claim.
It is needed to compile, process and deal with the claim from start to finish
Sharing your personal data
Your data will not be used for marketing or advertising purposes.
It is shared between ourselves and your Insurance Company and the Adjusting firm that is used to process your claim and for the purposes of the claim only.
Occasionally, this data may be passed on to your Solicitor but only after permission is sought from yourself.
How long is this data held for?
We are required to retain this data on file for a period of 6 years.
Our Policy may change if needed from time to time, details of which will be communicated as a notice on our website.